Following COVID Protocols at Camp
The Summer Camps at the Weinstein JCC will follow and abide by all COVID-related health and safety protocols and precautions recommended by the CDC and our local Health Department. At this time, we are not scheduling field trips or overnights for any of our camp programs. If circumstances change and we are able to move forward safely, we will adjust camp programming.
- You will be asked a series of health-related questions about your child every day at arrival. Your child’s temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer; if your child’s temperature is 100.4 or higher, your child will not be permitted to attend camp.
- Children displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 such as: fatigue, cough, sore throat, congestion or a runny nose, shortness of breath, headache, nausea or vomiting or who look visibly ill will not be able to attend camp.
- All spaces used throughout camp will be cleaned using CDC/EPA approved cleaning supplies thoroughly and on a regular basis following CDC guidelines and recommendations.
- High touch areas such as buses, vans, bathrooms, light switches, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and playground and sports equipment will be cleaned/sanitized frequently throughout the program day.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing will be completed after transitions and will be monitored for proper technique and timing.
- We will be operating camp in pods throughout the day, including transportation. Your child will remain in the same group/pod during the day. There will be no intermingling between the groups/pods.
- All campers and staff will be required to wear a mask during transportation to and from Camp Hilbert.
Once the camping season begins on June 21, withdrawals from Camp Hilbert and Specialty Camps will not be refunded. Refunds will only be given if the Weinstein JCC cancels the program. If the program begins but must be cancelled because of government-mandated shutdown or the JCC decides to cancel before completion, a prorated refund will be granted unless the program moves to a virtual format. The prorated refund will be determined by the number of sessions/weeks remaining in the program (for Camp Hilbert & Specialty Camps).
*Protocols as of February 2021