We are thrilled to have (almost) completed a successful re-opening of our reimagined Preschool program 2020-2021! Under the protocols and guidelines provided by the CDC, Va. Dept. of Health and Va. State Licensing, we have worked diligently to operate and provide a healthy and safe environment for our children, families, and faculty. We have made changes to our program based on the requirements by the CDC and responding to our family’s needs. After careful, thorough, and reflective review concerning our operating options this past year we are pleased to move forward adding more time to our full-day for working parents, as well as offering a part-day option. Our Preschool program year has added an extra week in June and we no longer have winter or spring break periods. We are providing continuous care/school in a loving and nurturing environment. We happily continue to offer a reimagined Preschool model this coming 2021-2022 school year! The children have proven to be resilient, joyful, and extremely happy to be with their peers, friends, and teachers. They continue to amaze us as they show boundless self-confidence, an enthusiasm and excitement for wondering, exploring, and learning!
Weinstein JCC Preschool Program for 2021-22 School Year
- Half Day 9.5 month program (9:00 am – 1:00 pm; Lunchtime included) (Sept. 8, 2021– June 16, 2022) – $9,975 total
- Full Day 12 month program (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) (Sept. 8, 2021 – Aug. 26, 2022) – $1,750 per month
Beginning in September 2020, our NEW Preschool program will offer the following benefits:
- Full-day Preschool program from 8:30am-5:00pm
- Half-day Preschool option from 9:00am- 1:00pm (lunchtime included)
- Extended, meaningful time for outdoor learning
- Enhanced Pre-K classrooms for 4-5 year olds to support Kindergarten readiness
- Highly qualified, nurturing, and dedicated educators and low turnover rates
- Personalized, small group experiences for children to build deeper and more engaging relationships with children and teachers
- Inclusive program with highly trained, dedicated support staff
- Specialists: Garden Educator – Cat Cowan, Nature Educator – Patsy Glazer, Judaic Specialist – Dawn Kowal
- Ongoing professional development for all faculty
- Daily schedules organized to avoid intermingling
- Personalized, small group experiences
- Playgrounds nationally certified by Nature Explore
- Accredited by NAEYC since 1988
- Ethical Start and Sheva Jewish Lenses (values-based learning)
- Thorough cleaning and sanitization mandated by state guidelines (due to COVID-19)
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we are offering limited enrollment spaces for the upcoming school year.
For more information about this innovative and revised program, please read this letter from Donna Peters, EC Director.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you and your children this September!
Please turn in your registration materials during the appropriate registration Session listed below. Registration materials received before the appropriate Session will not be accepted and will be returned.
- Session A (Tuesday, March 9 – Friday, March 19) Registration is open only to children currently enrolled in Preschool and to their siblings.
- Session B (Monday, March 22 – Friday, March 26) Registration is open to new students whose siblings are “graduates” of the Preschool, those children eligible during Session A, to new students whose families are Weinstein JCC members as of September 2020 and those currently enrolled in Camp Ganim 2021, 4-week Sessions I and/or II . Please drop your registration form off at the check-in desk of the main lobby or complete online and return online to Barbara Wise, EC Asst. Director.
- Session C—opens Tuesday, March 30. Registration begins for all students who are NEW to our program. Applications will be accepted at the check-in desk of the main lobby or completed online and returned online to Barbara Wise, EC Asst. Director.
- Make sure you enclose all necessary materials (Preschool application, $225 registration fee and payment plan) so that we can be ready to process your application once you have confirmed your child’s enrollment in the Preschool.
How to Enroll
Complete our application2021-22 Preschool Application
* Please make sure you enclose all necessary materials (application, registration fee and payment plan) so that we can process your application.
Email your forms:Barbara Wise at email@example.com
Or mail your completed forms to:Weinstein JCC
Attention: Erin Cole
5403 Monument Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
Please be sure to enclose the following with your registration papers:
- The registration form completed and signed (pages 8 and 9).
- The payment plan form with your preferred payment option selected and signed (pages 10 and 11).
- A non-refundable $225 registration fee.
*Please note: Weinstein JCC membership is a prerequisite for participation in the preschool program.
“We are so thrilled to have our 3-year old daughter attending childcare after a long break…It is not just a place to send her each day, it’s the enriching and important experiences she is gaining that we simply could not provide her at home. She is ecstatic to see her teachers and friends every single day, she runs to them without even looking back! Being able to socialize with her peers, learning about the outdoors, singing, and playing is exactly what she needs right now…I could not ask for anything more valuable for our child. We are so grateful for the entire staff at the JCC childcare program.”-A Preschool Parent
Scholarships are available on a limited basis.
For information, contact Joey Wood at (804) 545-8605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cater to the busy parent. A variety of scheduling options are available to meet your family’s needs.
2 Year Olds
Preschool classes meet
for half or full days
5 days per week
3 – 5 Years Olds
Preschool classes meet
for half or full days
5 days per week
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
option for half-day classes
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
option for full-day classes