Kids' Place Camp Counselor Positions
We are currently accepting camp counselor applications for Kids' Place Camp which runs August 22 - September 2.
If interested or for an application, please contact LaVenus Harried at 545-8639 or email@example.com or Melanie Marks at 545-8630 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due August 12.
Kids' Place Counselors, Van Drivers
Kids’ Place at the Weinstein JCC is now hiring for the upcoming 2016-2017 school year. Applicants must be 18 years or older and have some experience working with children. We are hiring van drivers and counselors. Van drivers must have a clean driving record and must be 21 years or older.
Kids' Place provides a safe and caring environment filled with fun and exciting daily activities such as: cooking , gardening, swimming, arts and crafts, pottery, gym activities, enrichment activities, home work, etc. Applicants should be ready to work in a fast paced after-school setting with children grades K-8.
For an application or for more information, please contact Kids' Place Director LaVenus Harried at 545-8639 or email@example.com.
Seasonal, Full-Time Specialty Camp Counselor(s)
Specialty Camps is an 11 week summer camp program starting mid-June during which over 30 camps are offered for kids with a variety of interests. Come enjoy a summer of fun and excitement with Specialty Camps at the Weinstein JCC, and work with the Specialty Camp staff team to provide an experience like no other! This dynamic individual will be responsible for supervising and managing campers as a part of the camp team, upholding the policies and philosophy of camp, exuding spirit and maintaining a positive attitude.
Required Education, Training, Experience - Certification, Licensure:
- Be a high school graduate or age 18
- CPR/ First Aid certification
- Experience working with kids
- Clean driving record (if driving)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage/supervise a group of children
- Ability/skill to plan age-appropriate programs and activities
- The ability to take initiative
- Knowledge and passion to work with children
- Ability to communicate with staff, supervisor and campers
- Ability to take direction
- Be enthusiastic and creative
Interpersonal, Customer Service and Communication Skills:
- Relate to and enjoy working with children in a safe, caring and supportive manner
- Be patient and tolerant with children and adults
- Able to work with other staff members as a team
- Willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the Weinstein JCC and Specialty Camp policies and philosophy
- Able to communicate effectively with children, administrators and coworkers
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Supervise groups of campers, acting as guardian, friend, disciplinarian and counselor to all campers
- Be enthusiastic, smile and have fun
- Be prompt to meetings, camp and all other required events
- Plan and follow through with age appropriate counselor led activities
- Assist specialist activity instructors
- Encourage and role model safe, cooperative play and team work
- Learn and implement Judaic curriculum in a thoughtful and positive manner
- Take daily attendance
- Stand in at the pool, positioned as a “watcher” during daily swim time
- Report all concerning behavior by children/staff to a supervisor in a timely manner
- Report all broken equipment to supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for his/her campers, abiding by all camp rules/policies. Be able to assist campers in an emergency
- Set up, clean up and maintain all indoor and outdoor spaces and equipment
- Lead and assist in facilitating small and large group activities
- Provide service to campers that allows for a fun, safe and socially educational environment
- Supervise campers' participation in structured and unstructured activities
- Apply proper discipline in a caring manner, where campers learn the difference between correct and incorrect behavior (at no time will corporal punishment or physical means be tolerated)
- Serve as a role model for all campers, conducting yourself properly while participating in all required activities with enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers served
- Must possess the strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- Attend all of staff development meetings, trainings and orientations while being available for all other related dates, activities and camp events.
- Take responsibility for the building and its appearance
- Anything else deemed necessary by the Specialty Camp administrative team
If interested, contact Nick Pruden, Specialty Camps Director, at 545-8607 or npruden @weinsteinjcc.org.
*Multiple positions are available!